Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Matilda's day out - very short album

  1. #1
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WE had such a lovely day that I only took a coupld of pics! We took a drive down the south coast to one of the seaside towns where they have a little mini railway for kids to ride on. Of course we took all day getting down there, visting the markets and having lunch and when we got there it was half an hour before closing and you couldn't wear open toe shoes (which both kids were wearing)

    Well we found Elly's jazz shoes in the trunk for my son to wear and someone else leant Elly their sneakers so the kids got a ride.

    Don't Elly and Matilda look cute in their matching camo skirts adn blue tops. I love it. We got lots of looks from girl 10 - 12 years old which made me think that there might just be a market for this kind of thing here in Australia.

    Wish I had a disposable income or the knowhow to set it up!!!

    Here is the album - only two pics - sorry

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2108819191

    Juliette

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a nice outing. Did you make the matching outfits yourself?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    American Girl just needs to open a new line called Australian Girl. I guess while we're at it we need Austrian Girl for Brigitte, too. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Matilda and Elly look so cute together on their first outing. I'm so glad that Matilda found a name in time. It definitely fits her.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there,
    Yes I made them - well I made the skirts and Matilda's blue top. Elly's blue top is GAP.

    It was really funny because I made the skirt for the doll from a pattern and my husband said "you should make on for Elly too" so I just doubled the pattern and it was perfect for Elly!! I know that sounds weird but, double the length and double the width was just perfect. It is a really easy skirt and only has an elastic waist.

    I agree that they should make an Australian girl. Aussies here are starting to get a little more patriotic lately.
    I would SO LOVE to be part of the team that decided the characters and their accessories. Plus because I am a teacher I could try out the ideas on the girls in my school for their opinions!!!

    Keep dreamin' girl!

    Juliette

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gmommy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Too too cute!! What an adorable trio and outfits!! Thanks for sharing.

    Karla

  6. #6
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your right! Everyone looks so happy and of course cute [img]biggrin.gif[/img] . Thanks for the pics [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] .

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very cute!!!! looks like you all had fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Juliette - They are soooo lovely. Great Skirts - I wonder if you approached Mattel with the idea of a market there if they would bring the dolls there.

    I know my Girlfriend from Ireland said there is nothing like these dolls there either and she would love to get more for her little girl

  9. #9
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    Looks like you had a good time and your kids are adorable.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Adorable pictures! Elly's smile is soooo big. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I love the name Matilda Claire too--maybe I am just thinking of a stereotype of Australian culture, but I started singing the song "Waltzing Matilda" right away! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •